Sunday, December 7, 2008

EA connection issues fix


After getting a couple EA games that I couldn't play because of " network/DRM  issues " I was really upset. It seemed that because I have Vista x64 Sp1 I couldn't play the games. After alot of searching I found the answer. Its the new network settings in Vista, so I figured out the network settings, and was going to write a batch file to fix them, when I found one on the internet. It was written by Marluxia Kyoshu I modified it slightly so that it explained better what it did, and I am putting it here for you all on the internet seeking answers. 

Games I know it works for:
  • Spore
  • NFS:Undercover

I believe it will also fix the EA Downloader issues (though not tested)

Also if you like my blog tell your friends...

Remember you need to run the file in administrator mode.

Link to the file.
NETFIX.BAT

The code incase you want to look over it without downloading it

@ECHO off 
ECHO Welcome to Marluxia.Kyoshu's EA Server/General Network Connectivity for Vista!
ECHO This tool will fix the problems that cause error messages like the one below,
ECHO Or similar network error messages. Bat Optimized by D4RK_4NG3L
ECHO ---------------------------------------------------------
ECHO 'The game can not start'
ECHO.
ECHO 'The game needs access to the internet in order to verify 
ECHO 'ownership of this game. Please ensure that your computer 
ECHO 'is online and try again.'
ECHO ---------------------------------------------------------
ECHO.
netsh interface tcp show global
ECHO. You may want to write down these settings incase you want
ECHO  to revert to your original settings.
ECHO.
ECHO Please press the 'ANY' key to begin the tool.
PAUSE > NUL
netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global chimney=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh interface tcp set global congestionprovider=none
netsh interface tcp set global ecncapability=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global timestamps=disabled
netsh interface tcp show global
ECHO.
ECHO The above and below tables should be exactly the same.
ECHO.
ECHO TCP Global Paramaters
ECHO ----------------------------------------------
ECHO Receive-Side Scaling State          : disabled
ECHO Chimney Offload State               : disabled
ECHO Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level    : normal
ECHO Add-On Congestion Control Provider  : none
ECHO ECN Capability                      : disabled
ECHO RFC 1323 Timestamps                 : disabled
ECHO.
ECHO.
CHOICE /N /M "Are they the same? Type Y for yes, N for no."
IF ERRORLEVEL ==2 GOTO NO
IF ERRORLEVEL ==1 GOTO YES
:YES
ECHO.
ECHO Just start up the EA Game now and it should work now.
ECHO Enjoy the game!
ECHO.
ECHO Press the 'ANY' key to exit.
PAUSE > NUL
GOTO END
:NO
ECHO.
ECHO Once the program is terminated, right-click NETFIX.BAT and click 
ECHO 'Run as Administrator...'
ECHO.
ECHO If you have already done this, try running twice more at both
ECHO Administrator and User level.
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO Press the 'ANY' key to exit.
PAUSE > NUL
GOTO END
:END
EXIT




A more in depth look at the file.

7 comments:

  1. Hi, those your fix tool work with win xp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they specifically address some new network protocol settings introduced by Vista however there are both old and new settings being changed by the bat file so it is possible that it could help xp owners also. make note of your network settings before you use it, though to be safe if you need help I may be able to step you through it. If an xp person is having issues with EA connections and uses this file please let us know if it helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded this to my computer and ran it. Everything went ok after I right clicked it and ran the batch file using administrator.
    BUT still get the same message when trying to run spore or either EADM....this did not fix the problem on my computer...running vista 64 bit SP1

    ReplyDelete
  4. This most likely means that you have something else that is the culprit with your connection issues this can be blocked ports or many other things, Also for all people commenting if you comment anonymously its hard for me to follow up and see if me or anyone can help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am running Vista 64 bit SP1 and all updates. I have disabled every firewall on this computer,am not running any virus protection. I ran the Bat file using adminstator and it changed the setting ok, would not work any other way, until I did that. I still get that same error message as before when trying to start Spore or EADM . I can play other games online fine such as Call of Duty World at War. I see you say something about port settings, can you explain how to change them, if you think that may be the problem, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you have xfire message me my sn is delaguna on both xfire and steam I will see if I can help you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks man, solved a very frustrating problem for me. EA should be adding this to their patch - no wait, that would be service !! (BTW I'm running Vista 32 Home Premium)

    ReplyDelete