[ROM] Navigation add-on for any 1.6 Rom! Market fixed!! 11/19/09!!
!!THIS NAVIGATION IS !!ONLY!! FOR THE USA!!
!!Paid apps work!!
Facebook has now been removed!!
After a longs day of work, I got it.
Put together a recovery flash-able zip file to add the new Google navigation.
1. Dream or Sapphire/Magic/Mt3G
2. 1.6 Rom as a minimum
3. Custom recovery either Amon's or Cyanogen's
4. A brain
5. The download at the end of the post
1. Download this for most Donut builds (Cyanogen based). (also attached now )
2. Place in the root of your sdcard
3. Reboot in recovery
3. Select chose update.zip (or rename the downloaded file to update.zip)
4. Select update_navigation.zip
If "Navigate" doesn't show up the first time:
1. Go to settings
2. Click on applications
3. Click on Manage applications
4. scroll to apps
5. click on Maps
6. Clear data
1. Install Google Voice
2. Uninstall Google Voice
3. Reinstall Google Voice
****MOST IMPORTANT PART****
Cyanogen and Amon for their recovery images.
followinginsanity for his updates to build props
community for helping test and get it goooinnggggg!!
clyde8 for the better build string
Brut.al for the (possible) navigation out of USA!
Suma Software Inc
If you actually feel like donating to my trip fund go ahead and click here!!
Q: Why was facebook removed??
A: it caused to many issues, and the market one works fine.
Q: What is the latest changes??
A: I removed the build.prop file completely in hopes that it will work without it, did for me... you tell me
Q: What took so long?!?!
A: I had H1N1, b|0W me.
Q: Does this work with AOSP?
A: doesn't look like it, at least not so far, I did adjust some build props right from them but never got any feedback to let it out to the masses.
Q: Does this break CM-Updater?
A: No, it shouldn't.
Q: Do i need to reflash this every time?
A: if you want navigation, yes. Every update reverts the build props back to the old ones.
Q: Does this work outside of the USA?
A: Yes. BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS EXACTLY!
1. First navigate between 2 USA addresses (just enter them in to get the navigate option to show up)
2. Make a shortcut on your home screen with the address you want to navigate to.
3. Make sure turn by turn is checked.
4 click it nub.
5. drive to the location
6. brag "o mai android is wai b3tt3r thian UR ip0ne."
7. hope to god it brings you back home, otherwise buy a map.
If your paid apps are not working, either wait until midnight, for caches to clear, or flash from scratch...
IE: recovery - rooted cyano - Cyano update - navi update
(p.s not responsible if you drive over a bridge following the GPS, that's stupidity)
(p.p.s don't brick your shaz and blame me or anyone else for that matter, you blew it)
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Found the easiest way to update G1 Google Nav
This post was taken from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583684